The last few months have had difficult challenges for all of our citizens and communities. After a long closure we are pleased to announce the re-opening of the Canton Historical Museum on March 4, 2021. We will be open Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 4. We are following Connecticut re-opening guidelines for Phase 2. This requires the following changes to our previous operating procedures.
- Admission requirements: face masks, temperature checks, negative answers to all symptom questions, individual sign-ins for each visitor, and hand sanitizing. Admissions will be done on the lower porch and exits will be by the personnel entrance on Front Street.
- In view of social distancing needs, maximum group size is 5 and visit time should be limited to 1 hour. The maximum number of museum visitors is 15 dependent upon effective social distancing. Advance schedule arrivals are not required but visitor group sizes may require us to limit admission.
- No guided tours will be available to minimize personal contact and some exhibits may be restricted for the same reason.
- Visitors are asked to refrain from touching exhibits and artifacts.
- The basement floor of the museum will be closed.
- The Gift Shop will be closed.
We look forward to welcoming visitors and members who support the Museum in its efforts to communicate, preserve, and improve our historic facility. We appreciate your needed support. If you are unable to attend the Museum, donations to the Canton Historical Society can be sent to 11 Front Street, Canton CT 06019